These articles from VoiceThread will help you get started creating, editing, commenting on, sharing and submitting VoiceThread assignments. Troubleshooting information is also listed. If you have trouble viewing a VoiceThread please contact your instructor to let them know.
Using VoiceThread Features
If you are having trouble with VoiceThread try each of the below solutions.
- Make sure you are using Chrome or FireFox as they are VoiceThread's only supported browsers. Safari and Edge are not fully supported. More information on supported browsers is located here.
- Clear out your browser cache. Instructions located here.
- Clear our your cookies. Instructions located here.
- Restart your computer. A previously in use program may be highjacking your microphone if you are having trouble recording audio. If all else fails, you can record your audio comment with another program on your computer or phone and upload it. Instructions on how to comment on a VoiceThread is located here.
- Note: If you are using the VoiceThread app on an iPhone and your sound is not working, please make sure it is not on silent/vibrate. If you are on an iPad please follow the instructions here to ensure the same.