VitalSource is making a large collection of e-textbooks available at no cost for students at colleges and universities that are holding all classes remotely until May 25. If you need to locate a downloadable or online copy of a required or supplemental e-textbook for your class, or if you would like guidance on accessing the available resources, check out the VitalSource information and video tutorials.
Please be aware that:
- While this is a large collection, it may not include the specific book or edition you require.
- These are e-books only, no courseware (such as Pearson MyLabs or Macmillan Launchpad) is included.
- You will need to use your campus email address. If you already have a VitalSource account through Canvas, we recommend you type the email address exactly as you have it in Canvas. (That is to say, if you normally use an alias, but do not in Canvas, type it the way it appears in Canvas Settings, unless you have already changed it in VitalSource.)
- Be careful when making your selections. There is a limit of seven books per student for all classes, not just yours. If you make a mistake when choosing a book, there is no way to undo it, and it will count against the limit.
- Off-line readers are available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Mac, PC (Windows), and Chromebook.
If you encounter problems, please contact VitalSource support.