University of Missouri staff is resourceful, dedicated, and caring. In the event of an emergency, like the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak, the day-to-day tasks may look different, but our staff remains essential to supporting the mission of the University of Missouri. Our hope is to continue our work in the least disruptive way possible. Of course, there will be disruption, and it may be difficult. This is a stressful time for all of us, some more than others, and we urge you to prioritize your physical and mental health. The best and easiest advice is to wash your hands, get enough sleep, and stay informed with campus communications. There are also resources available on the individual campuses, as well as system-wide resources to access here. The pages below will have the most up-to-date information from System and the four University of Missouri-campuses.
- University of Missouri System Coronavirus (COVID-19) Q&A
- Mizzou: Remote Work Resources, FAQ; Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- UMKC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Missouri S&T: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- UMSL: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Technology has made working from any location easier than ever. In the event of a campus closure or increased options for remote work, consider how you will be able to continue your work if students are not on campus or you are not on campus.
Contact your campus help desk for instructions on accessing your email on your home computer and/or mobile device.
Using a telephone has fallen out of favor for many, but it can be an easy way to meet with colleagues or students, particularly those without consistent access to the internet.
How to forward office phone to personal phone (MU)
- Sign in to Cisco phone
- Sign in to the Telephone Self Care web portal at uc.missouri.edu with your Username and Password.
- To sign in to the portal from a remote location, first make a VPN connection
By default, call forwarding is set up to go to voicemail, when call forwarding is enabled.
To change the default settings:
- Select Call Forwarding under the Phones tab.
- To forward calls to a different destination, place a checkmark next to the option, then select the down arrow beside Voicemail.
- Select Add a New Number.
- Enter your phone number and select Save.
Change Smartphone settings to block your outgoing CallerID:
- Open Settings App
- Select Phone
- Click “Show my caller ID” under “Calls”
- Deselect “Show my caller ID”
- Open the Phone app.
- Open the Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Call settings.
- Click on Additional settings.
- Click on Caller ID.
- Choose “Hide number” and your number will be hidden.
Using additional resources - contact your campus IT department for remote work resources.