Respondus 4.0 is a downloadable, desktop application (for Windows only) that allows instructors to create tests for Canvas without using a web interface. Respondus lets you import question banks and export exams to Canvas.
Installing Respondus 4.0
Respondus 4.0 is a program that you download to your computer. Once downloaded, you connect Respondus to your Canvas course site. Check below for your specific campus.
- The link to share with your students is available in a password-protected Box folder.
- Share the link only with your students. They will be able to download and install LockDown Browser software to their personal computer with this link.
- When an instructor requires LockDown Browser for tests in Canvas, students will only be able to access the test with this browser.
- Share this QuickStart Guide with your students.
- Browse to the Box password-protected folder for the Respondus instructions and download file.
- Log in to Box with your Mizzou Pawprint ID and password.
- Download both the installer and instructions files.
LockDown Browser must be installed on your computer before you begin a quiz or exam that requires the browser in Canvas. Click the link below:
Log in to Canvas and visit the CANVAS-RESOURCES-SITE. You can find the resources site under either your Dashboard or under Courses > All Courses on the left-hand navigation panel. Once at the resources site, click the Respondus link to be taken to a page to download the Respondus installer and view installation instructions.
Respondus to create tests/quizzes by faculty:
Additional resources are available at https://www.respondus.com/training